AMERIgreen’s Video Essay Challenge
The AMERIgreen Spring Video Essay Challenge is now open for submissions – it is a way for students to express their thoughts on energy solutions for the future. All entries should focus on one of the questions listed below.
- College Scholarship (High school-undergrads)
- First Prize – $2,000
- Second Prize – $1,000
- 3rd Prize – $500
- Special Location Tickets (Middle schoolers)
- First Prize – 4 Hershey Park tickets ($250 value)
- Second Prize – 4 Baltimore National Aquarium tickets ($160 value)
- Third Prize – 4 Philly Zoo tickets ($80 value)
- Contest is open to students in grades 6th-12th, as well as undergraduate college students in all of the AMERIgreen 100% American Fuel Distributors participating local areas (PA, MD, NJ, DE)
- Videos must be submitted on the AMERIgreen website landing page (www.amerigreen.com/videochallenge) by uploading your video to YouTube and sharing the link with us, completing the form on the page and agreeing to the terms & conditions
- Entries should be submitted by May 25th at noon
- Top 5 videos per age group will be revealed on May 26th, and the public can vote for the winners
- Video Challenge winners will be announced on May 31, 2017
All entries should focus on one of the questions:
Video Essay Challenge Questions:
- Why is 100% American Fuel and energy independence important for our country?
- Why are making smart, green energy choices important for your generation?
- What is the best energy source for the future and why?
- What is biodiesel/bioheating oil and what role does it play in the future of U.S. energy?
- What steps should be taken to increase the use of more sustainable energy sources and practices?
- Video Essays should not exceed 30 secs
- Submissions for Top 5 winners selected will be judged on the person’s answer to one of the prompt questions, as well as their creativity in producing the video
- Entries will be judged by a panel of AMERIgreen representatives for the top 5 winners, and the final winners will be posted on the AMG website/social media pages and will be chosen by most online votes by the general online audience (so encourage your family and friends to vote for yours!)
- See Official Rules
We are providing students with several themes to start the investigative research process for the video essay challenge. We would also encourage students to have the freedom to approach this subject from their own passions and perspectives regarding renewable energy.
Here are several websites that are a good starting point for research and getting ideas:
- DOE website: Provides information for students to begin researching existing conventional energy sources as well as renewable energy sources.
- Oehlert Bros YouTube Page: Offers some creative, informative and fun ways to share information about alternative energy (especially the “old Faithful Biogeyser Erupts”, “Cloudy with a Chance of BioHeat”, and “Watershed Clean-up” videos)
- TedTalks – A variety of videos focusing on energy alternatives and technology
Here is a link to videos from some of last year’s winners: Click Here.
For more information please contact Aubrey Bauman Kreider, AMERIgreen Energy at 717.945.1392 or email@example.com.